Election schedule

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 13:09:28 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 05:22:32PM -0700, Larry Cafiero wrote:
>    On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 4:47 PM, inode0 <[1]inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>      I don't think my feedback was negative but I do think giving Larry
>      only one day to transcribe and clean up questionnaire responses before
>      getting them on the wiki is tight and if we happen to have a townhall
>      at the beginning of the townhall week no one will have to read the
>      questionnaires.�
>
>    John makes a good point about the deadline for submitting answers and the
>    first townhall the next day being too close. Of course, with enough
>    coffee, I could turn it around overnight. But generally speaking, ideally
>    I'd like to have some time to look at the answers before the townhalls to
>    get an idea of where they stand.
>
>    "Some time," like your mileage, may vary. But if it's not too much, would
>    pushing the deadlines for questions and answers back a week -- April 21-28
>    for questions and April 29-May 6 for returned answers -- and keep the
>    first townhall on May 13 so everyone has a week to review the answers.
>
>    It doesn't have to be a week, but I think there should be some space of
>    time between the release of questionnaire answers and the first townhall.

Well, let me ask this -- are answers simply gathered by having the
candidates edit the wiki page for the questionnaire?  If so, there
seems to be very little work required for that step.  Larry, it seems
to me that having people submit answers to you to just transfer to the
wiki is not time well spent for anyone.

Is there some reason we wouldn't want candidates to just put their
answers on the wiki?  I could be missing something here.

If they could, then really the bulk of time that Larry would have to
expend is just (1) soliciting and posting questions on the
questionnaire wiki page by May 5, and (2) emailing the candidates that
night to let them know they should start posting their answers, due
the 11th..  And if there weren't enough questions, he could refer to
previous outings to gather a few.

Does that make sense?