idea: suggestion box

Matt Domsch matt at domsch.com
Tue May 11 01:05:37 UTC 2010

> I don't know that voting and having a full blown ideastorm like site is
> that great. I think it lends into having a lot of people expect that
> ideas that are "voted" the highest will automagically be worked on,
> when it's not really the case.

This has been one of the biggest criticisms of Dell's IdeaStorm site -
that status updates on progress towards ideas is slow to arrive, and
in most cases the ideas proposed are in fact never implemented.  I do
my part to be sure requests in my sphere of influence get heard, and
in some cases can be acted upon.  Similar caveats would need to apply
to the Fedora ideabox - ideas are great, especially if they come along
with people to implement them!