Candidate Questionnaire

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 01:01:06 UTC 2010

On 11/08/2010 10:09 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 17:04:46 -0500,
>    Bill Nottingham<notting at redhat.com>  wrote:
>> Now, all of these are issues that should have been noticed and fixed,
>> but in essence, people would have either had to be on advisory-board, or
>> manage to have gone to the main election page themselves. It's not
>> exactly surprising that not everyone did that.
> And since it isn't providing an unfair advantage, I think it is better to
> allow the extra candidates than try to enforce the deadlines this time.

Is it possible for the board or whomever oversees the elections to check
with candidates if they actually have the time required by the position
they are running up for and if candidates are running for second time or
more in office that their meeting attendance etc is provided with them?

It has been a bit of drag when you have voted person(s) and are relying
on their insight and wisdom on matters only to find out again and again
that they are unavailable or absent when an actual decision on matters
are being taken.

It also often feels like decitions are being made by members of various
comities without the voted party doing their homework/research on
matters so they just show up and go with the flow.

Both of the above are signs of the individual(s) do not have the
necessary time that is required by the position.

Are candidates made aware of how much time is required of them for the
position they are running for?

JBG