Fedora Board Recap 2010-11-08

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 02:14:44 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Mairin Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> == Community Working Group ==
> === Recruitment Process ===
> * Karsten doesn't want to join, but wants to be an insider journalist
> for the Open Source Way
> ** That's fine by us, no opposition - notes need to be sensitive to
> private meeting content, however.
> * Everyone else contacted, one interested, rest not interested, or not
> interested in being a direct member of the group.
>
> === Candidate Decision ===
> * How to select candidates? We talked about letting Rex select them or
> having the Board vote, and decided to have a Board vote.
> * '''Decision:''' We voted for 5 candidates + 1 alternate amongst the
> nominations we received. These candidates will be contacted. In the case
> where one of the candidates cannot serve, the alternate will be called
> on. The candidates will be announced at some future point when they have
> been confirmed.

The above is confusing to me.  Could you clarify?  Specifically, it is
stated that only one contacted person expressed interest, but the
Board then voted on 5 candidates.  Did the Board choose 5 new random
candidates without contacting them first, or vote on the people that
didn't express interest, or... what exactly did the Board vote on?

josh