Fedora Board Recap 2010-11-08

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Nov 9 13:43:19 UTC 2010

Josh Boyer wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Mairin Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>
> wrote:
>> == Community Working Group ==
>> === Recruitment Process ===
>> * Karsten doesn't want to join, but wants to be an insider journalist
>> for the Open Source Way
>> ** That's fine by us, no opposition - notes need to be sensitive to
>> private meeting content, however.
>> * Everyone else contacted, one interested, rest not interested, or not
>> interested in being a direct member of the group.
>>
>> === Candidate Decision ===
>> * How to select candidates? We talked about letting Rex select them or
>> having the Board vote, and decided to have a Board vote.
>> * '''Decision:''' We voted for 5 candidates + 1 alternate amongst the
>> nominations we received. These candidates will be contacted. In the case
>> where one of the candidates cannot serve, the alternate will be called
>> on. The candidates will be announced at some future point when they have
>> been confirmed.
>
> The above is confusing to me.  Could you clarify?  Specifically, it is
> stated that only one contacted person expressed interest, but the
> Board then voted on 5 candidates.  Did the Board choose 5 new random
> candidates without contacting them first, or vote on the people that
> didn't express interest, or... what exactly did the Board vote on?

The board chose 5 candidates, from a pool who had expressed interest.  Once
I've heard confirmations from all candidates, I'll announce the results.

Karsten (Wade) was one whom I had contacted, but he was interested in
participating more in an advisory and journalistic capacity, which was
agreeable.

Does that help clarify things?

-- Rex