Going passive

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Tue Nov 9 13:38:05 UTC 2010

----- "Sascha Thomas Spreitzer" <sspreitzer at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Dear Fedorians,
>
> as I feel frustration about my work in Fedora and I do not agree with
> todays Fedora governance and ruling system I am hereby taking the
> logical step of stopping all my active contributions to this project.
> One major point is that I feel exploited by RedHats installation of
> the Fedora Project and I do not feel it is ok to contribute for a
> companys benefit that is not equal to its project investment.
>
> Thats why I am saying goodbye, with the following sentence;
> "Microsoft is the evil we know. Novell and Oracle is the evil we got
> to know and Canonical and RedHat is the evil we will get to know."
>

> The duties I am leaving open and which will be impacting are;
>
> - EMEA media production (F14 still open?)
> - Dual layer DVD approach
> - some packages
>
> Thank you for the friends I met and made and thank you about the
> lessons I learned about OpenSource and capitalism.
>

> For the sake of freedom I will be shifting my spare time to projects
> which are ruled by the poeple for the people.

Best of luck to you Sascha. If it is any consolation to you, you are far from the only person that is to this point or near it. Most for the same or similar reasons you are. I will not try to guilt you to reconsider, I am sure that this decision was a hard one and well thought out with no other reasonable option.

-- Bob

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |
|                   http://www.facebook.com/rpjensen                   |