You have been unsubscribed from the ambassadors mailing list

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Tue Nov 9 15:48:09 UTC 2010

Sascha Thomas Spreitzer (sspreitzer at fedoraproject.org) said:
> it might be done automatically whilst someone withdrew my ambassadors
> group membership;
>
> "robert <redhat at linuxnetz.de> has removed you from the 'ambassadors'
> group of the Fedora Accounts System This change is effective
> immediately for new operations, and should propagate into the e-mail
> aliases within an hour."

Looking at the ambassador's page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/MembershipService#Removal_Process_for_Ambassador.27s_Membership

  Removal Process for Ambassador's Membership

    remove Ambassadors category from personal wiki page
    remove from Country List (automated!)
    remove from 'ambassadors' group in Fedora Account System
    remove from fedora-ambassadors-list
    leave fedora-marketing-list

I'm guessing someone took your statement of "I am hereby taking the
logical step of stopping all my active contributions to this project",
assumed that meant stepping down as an Ambassador, and then enacted the
above process. If so, it doesn't appear malicious.

In any case, ambassadors list admins are fab at fedoraproject.org, jsimon at
fedoraproject.org.

Bill