Corporate sponsorship ( was Re: Going passive )

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 21:56:56 UTC 2010

On 11/09/2010 02:35 PM, Adam Miller wrote:
> Red Hat employs many Fedora contributors in order to contribute specifically
> to Fedora and that should be encouraged, not scoffed at. Red Hat also funds
> almost 100% of the infrastructure that allows those of us who contribute to
> contribute as well as their funding for all the ambassador efforts and many
> many other bits throughout the Fedora scape.

I'm a bit curious on how do other companies/sponsors fit into the
equation...

Let' s say we have the acme corporate and it wants to match Red Hat's
funds and contribution if not do more.

What can acme do and not do regarding Fedora besides pouring manpower
and money into the project ?

For instance if acme wanted to donate hw that was twice as big and
diverse than what Red Hat provides to the project with the term that
they would be hosting it and the infrastructure along with it would that
be acceptable?

JBG