Corporate sponsorship ( was Re: Going passive )

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Nov 10 03:41:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 01:47:46 +0000,
  "\"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson\"" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/09/2010 11:39 PM, Robert 'Bob' Jensen wrote:
>
> >   I just wish that what I call lies would stop
> I suppose Red Hat could easially weaken such claims by simply stop
> appointing members to anything within the community and allow the
> community to vote all parties then if it chooses to do so it can try to
> hire those individuals ( if they weren't Red Hat employs before ) and
> allow them to work on Fedora as could any other corporate on the
> market.  ( That should invalidate any such claims at least from the
> point they stop appointing anyone and at the same time solve how many a
> membership can appoint issue ).

There are advantages to appointing people over the current practice of
electing all seats at once. The current voting system doesn't not allow
one to express a desire for diversity in area's of expertise when voting.
Particularly for the board, where I prefer to see different areas of the
project represented. And to a lesser extent, I like to see some diversity
in the FESCO make up.