[Ambassadors] Red Hat's investments (was Re: Going passive)

Mark Chappell tremble at tremble.org.uk
Wed Nov 10 09:43:56 UTC 2010

On 10 November 2010 10:32, Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com> wrote:
> What about one global FUDCon accompanied with smaller local events - like one
> day FADs + hackfests. I see it working for other projects, it's of course more
> expensive but it helps breaking barriers, makes it easier to meet all people. I
> can compare EMEA and NA FUDCons. And I really enjoyed NA one.

If you're going to do that, please rotate where you hold it.  It's a
lot cheaper for Europeans to travel around Europe than to travel over
to the US, so if you only held them in the US you're putting a
significant barrier in place for the Europeans.  I would probably have
come to the last Zurich FUDCon if I hadn't just changed employer and
country with all the associated expenses.  I'm unlikely to travel to
the US for a FUDCon.

Mark