[Ambassadors] Red Hat's investments (was Re: Going passive)

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 19:20:50 UTC 2010

On 11/10/2010 05:26 PM, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> The majority of growth in Red Hat contributions is developers and QA
> (AFAIK for a long time there was only one person working full-time on
> Fedora QA, now the situation is much different);

You must be referring to Will rather then Jeremy here and the only
reason in increased QA employment surge from Red Hat is because Will
manage to sell his dream pony ( AutoQA which is a win win for everybody
btw ) and at the same time convince upper level management of Red Hat of
the benefits of strong Fedora QA treatment on the bits before they reach
RHEL.

I dont know how much of a history lesson you are given at Red Hat when
you sign up but I suggest you take of your QE glasses ( QE!=QA ) study
the history between Red Hat and Fedoraunity even after they literally
saved the official GA release which was what FC5 or FC6 ( Anaconda
installing the wrong kernel arch for those that dont remember that screw
up ) amongst all the good work unity does and the reason why bug-zapper
( which in it's current form is more or less on John Poelstra and Jon
Stanley work if I can recall correctly ) are on it's own channel on
freenode ( they used to be on the QA channel )  and as I pointed them
out when they were making the 3 attempt to get triages up and running
that it would not solve the underlying issue ( which it has not up today
) then perhaps you start seeing things a bit from community perspective .

>   paradoxically asking
> Red Hat for more manpower in community organizing implicitly means that
> Red Hat should have_more_  control of Fedora.

Why?

How much control would I get if I pour $1 $10 $100 $1000 $100000 $1000000?

JBG