[Ambassadors] Red Hat's investments (was Re: Going passive)

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 11 22:51:56 UTC 2010

Am Donnerstag, den 11.11.2010, 15:36 -0700 schrieb Stephen John Smoogen:

> After many years of doing things like the above... when people do not
> name names it just makes things worse. If one is upset enough to bring
> something up then one is already looking to play the blame game.
> Everything else is passive aggressive bull malarky.

When I name names, I do wrong and the people I name start yelling at me.
If I don't I do wrong, too. You cannot do right for everybody.

> The only additional advice I have is that when a person has reached
> the stage where all they expect is things to get worse.. it is time to
> leave. It is no fun to be around a person like that, it is no fun for
> that person, and it all becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I'm not going to leave, at least not at this point. I still love Fedora,
it's values and it's community. I don't get up that easily and I still
have hope. I'm going to travel to the EMEA FAD next weekend and I'm
looking forward to meet Jared there. Do you think I'd spend 3 days of my
rare spare time and pay over 500 EUR from my pocket for this if I
wouldn't - after all - love Fedora?

If people followed your advice, the European community would become very
small all over sudden.

Sad but true,
Christoph