Fedora vision & more specific goals

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 16 22:19:07 UTC 2010

Am Dienstag, den 16.11.2010, 17:06 -0500 schrieb Máirín Duffy:

> I think on one hand, considering the current skill sets we have is
> absolutely important to make sure what we propose is achievable. On the
> other hand though, if we decide to try to go somewhere awesome and work
> hard at recruiting folks with the skillsets we need to make it happen, I
> think it can't help but attract even more folks with those skillsets,
> and pushing others to pick those skills up - starting a fire with a
> spark sort of.

How do you want to attract people with the right skillset when you are
at the same time trying to attract people that are not even able to
understand simple descriptions in the update viewer?

I mean, if this [1] is your target audience, where do the skilled people
come from?

Please don't get me wrong: I like the ideas you outlined, but as Jesse
said we need developers to make them happen. Recently the board has
defined a new target audience that IMHO is not compatible with what you
are proposing here.

Regards,
Christoph

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Duffy/Updates_Idea#Before