Group proposal: FEMA, the Fedora Election Management and Administration

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 01:25:27 UTC 2010

Greetings and salutations:

In light of some of the missteps in the current election, I have started a
draft proposal for a group entitled Fedora Election Management and
Administration, or FEMA. The acronym is clearly intentional to reflect the
"emergency manage ment" mode we find ourselves in at the moment.

The wiki for this group proposal is here --
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Election_Management_Administration --
and I welcome participation in drafting and discussing a plan going forward
to establish a group to administer and oversee the next election and
subsequent elections thereafter.

Once a completed proposal is in place, I would like to approach the board at
that time to gain its approval. In the meantime, I ask again that those
interested in forming an administrative body to oversee elections contribute
to the proposal.

Thank you.

Larry Cafiero