Fedora vision & more specific goals

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Nov 17 03:14:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 20:52:25 -0500,
  Jon Masters <jonathan at jonmasters.org> wrote:

> Which reminds me, I find Fedora Talk amazingly stable and useful, but
> it's not used all that often outside of events. If we're interested in
> integrated solutions, I strongly suggest media (voice, video, etc.)
> should be part of that since it helps foster good relations, etc.
> Perhaps we could setup an idling "conference" room for chitchat?

I used it a bit for the Fedora Community Gaming experiment. I am not sure
why more people didn't though. I didn't survey participants later to see
if it was lack of hardware or something else.

> btw, my Asterisk server is permanently connected to Fedora Talk and it
> works just like any other phone number - you'll reach my cellphone if
> you call me on my Fedora Talk extension, free of charge to you.

Do you have documentation on how you did that? They way I tried tied up
my contributor number making it hard to test since only contributors can make
inbound calls to Fedora Talk. Getting back to having a setup permanently
connected is on my todo list.