Group proposal: FEMA, the Fedora Election Management and Administration

Sandro "red" Mathys red at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 17 07:24:42 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 02:25, Larry Cafiero <larry.cafiero at gmail.com> wrote:
> In light of some of the missteps in the current election, I have started a
> draft proposal for a group entitled Fedora Election Management and
> Administration, or FEMA. The acronym is clearly intentional to reflect the
> "emergency manage ment" mode we find ourselves in at the moment.

I was thinking about why the current elections are going so badly and
how to prevent that in the future, too. But do we really need a new
group to prevent that in the future? I really like your proposal/draft
but is there no existing group that should/could handle the elections?

Actually I thought the elections to be a matter dealed with by the
board but apparently that's not the case and no-one feels responsible
either. Maybe that task should be added to the CWGs tasks? The CWG is
already a go-between for the community and the committees and I think
elections belong to the same field.

-- red