Fedora vision & more specific goals

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Thu Nov 18 05:15:52 UTC 2010

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 21:57:19 -0500
Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

...snip...

> > The Fedora Project creates a world where
> >     * free culture is welcoming and widespread,
> >     * collaboration is commonplace, and
> >     * people control their content and devices.

...snip...

> Is anybody interested in helping out?

Sure, I'll play. ;)

1. I'd like to see us expand EPEL over the next few years, including:
* Getting more folks in large companies involved in testing and
  maintaining packages. Perhaps recruiting or teaching at conferences
  where RHEL is big.
* Get more Fedora maintainers maintaining packages in EPEL. Perhaps we
  could offer RHEL entitlements to those folks who maintain for EPEL,
  which may in turn bring in more people to the community.

2. It would be great to expand on and keep flowing the Fedora
Classroom. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Classroom. I'm afraid I am
not so great at marketing, and have been really busy, so it's been hard
to gather a large enough pool of teachers and students to keep the
classes flowing. Given enough interested people and energy, we could
expand to phone based classes, hold them more often and help anyone
interested to learn anything at all about Fedora. You could even use
this to teach people about the other goals. I'd like to see us use
moodle and/or other cool teaching tools.

Just a few ideas...

kevin