Long term goals

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 15:48:35 UTC 2010

I'm slightly delayed in getting this out, but I've meant to for some
time, and have given it a lot of thought. I figured that I'd write
down a few major overarching goals for the next few releases of
Fedora. Comments are welcome as always!

1) Make Fedora usable as an upstream for an enterprise distribution.
While some may believe that we've been successful at this, there's
still work to be done. I can name specific technical examples, but
this really isn't the place for that.
2) Improve the discourse within the community. This is something that
has been talked about a lot lately, and we need to firmly put it on
our radar and see what can be done about it. I *firmly* believe that
we can overcome the negativity and personal attacks that seem ever
present in Fedora. I also have some implementation ideas, but again,
that's another thread :)
3) While this cannot happen without item 2 (as has recently been
proven), we need to increase our efforts to foster a culture of
contribution in Fedora