Fedora vision & more specific goals

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 04:50:12 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 11:27:23PM -0500, Max Spevack wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Nov 2010, Max Spevack wrote:
>
> > * Someone said this to me the other day, and I can't remember whom,
> > sorry. Speak up if you're the smart one.  The Fedora Board should meet
> > face to face for a few days twice per year.  Those days should be
> > organized in advance using FAD best practices, and they should be
> > intensive working sessions where the Board lays out and advances most
> > of its agenda for the coming chunk of time.  The Fedora Project has
> > sufficient budget to enable this.
>
> Hey new board,
>
> Any thoughts on this?

I'm too new to know but.... what would the Board hope to achieve at these
sessions?  To me, an ideal Board would work by creating consensus for an
initiative among the people who are needed to do any work to make the idea
a reality... that portion of the Board's work would be better done in
non-Board-oriented FADs.  Laying out at a high level what the Board wants to
see accomplished might be one thing that could happen at a FAD.  But is that
any better accomplished in person than via email/phone/IRC?  If we're
exploring an idea in depth, I can see that being the case.. but perhaps we
should decide that we need to meet in person on those on a case-by-case
basis just like any other FAD?

Once again, I'm new here, so I don't know whether the Board would benefit
from a recurring in-person meeting, I just don't have a clear idea of what
we'd want to achieve by meeting.

-Toshio