Proposal for the new Fedora Project

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 16:09:39 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:

> I'm proposing we do a multi-year shift from being a community of packagers
> to a community of developers.  That way, at least, we control our own
> destiny.  As it is now, upstream does where upstream is.. well upstream.

This isn't really what you're proposing.  You're proposing that the
Fedora Project move away from proving a product (an operating system)
to providing a collection of services (which are ill defined).  I
can't see any concrete path to get from where to are to that point,
and I'm unconvinced there's value in trying to find one.

--
Chris