Formal signoff on moblin-meego change?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 19:37:47 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 10:26:57AM -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 10:37:35 -0400,
>   "Jared K. Smith" <jsmith at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >
> > In talking with Peter Robinson, it seems like we're headed down the
> > "pick another name not using the MeeGo mark" road.  I'm assuming we're
> > going to to call the spin something like the "Fedora Mobility" spin.
> > I'm copying Peter on this, so that he can help fill us in on his
> > plans.
>
> If anything still needs to change to the spin to make this happen we are
> getting very late in the game. I would expect if anything further was
> needed from the design team it would also be pretty late.
> The wiki has a bit more slack time, but if it needs to change, I'd rather
> know sooner than later so I don't have to do a fire drill right before
> some deadline.

Peter had earlier proposed stripping the MeeGo logo (since we wouldn't
want to trip over their trademarks) and using a standard Fedora logo.
I'm not sure any technical changes need to made other than that, and
it might in fact be done already.

Calling it the Mobility spin would cause a content changed on the
spins.fp.o website, but that also seems like it's not a ton of work,
although Peter might want a Design person to rework the graphics for
that page.

I might have missed something, any other details you're thinking of in
particular, Bruno?