Vision statement progress

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 18 19:22:55 UTC 2010

Hi Robyn,

On Sat, 2010-10-16 at 21:11 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> I was working on the F14 One Page Release notes and thought it would
> be nice to reference the Vision statement to some small degree - not
> necessarily verbatim, but certainly start underscoring some of the
> main themes and ideas.
>
> I see in the board meeting notes from 9/27 [1] that comments would be
> closed after the 10/1 "office hours" session, and that the vote on the
> final Vision statement would be a week from 9/27. But, I don't see
> anything declared final in the mailing list archives, or any meeting
> minutes posted to the Board meetings page [2] or mailing list since
> 9/27.
>
> Has a final decision been made, or is it still on hold pending
> something? (Or, you know, am I totally blind and not seeing
> something?)

The final decision was made on Oct. 4th and the vision statement as
follows was approved:

"The Fedora Project creates a world where free culture is welcoming and
widespread, collaboration is commonplace, and people control their
content and devices."

However you're right in that for some reason it seems the minutes didn't
get copied into the wiki, or at least, the board meeting minutes
category didn't get applied to them.

~m