Vision statement progress

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 18 19:37:21 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 12:32 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> Are we going to be putting it somewhere fairly visible on the wiki,
> much in the way that http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mission is
> available? (Or even on that page?)

Yep Colin & Jared are working on this:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Vision_Statement

> What are the next steps and/or timeline for what comes next?

It really sucks that the meeting minutes are gone because they had this
information.

I remember pretty clearly we wanted to explain the vision statement in
greater detail and also break it down into subgoals and assign those out
to SIGS / other boards/groups within Fedora, giving them the authority
to work out the best way to make the goals happen. E.g., the Board
wouldn't assign what to do, just a goal to achieve and give the groups
the power to figure out what concrete items they think would best meet
the goal.

I don't remember the timeline we discussed for that work though; it
should probably be added to the next board meeting agenda.

~m