Formal request for approval of the multi-desktop DVD (Re: Board meeting recap, 2010 10-18)

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 19 00:10:56 UTC 2010

Hi Mo,

thanks for posting the meeting minutes.

Am Montag, den 18.10.2010, 15:26 -0400 schrieb Máirín Duffy:

>    4. EMEA Media question (ctyler, 19:01:29)
>          1. ACTION: ctyler to communicate to EMEA that the board is
> open
> to having a disc-of-spins use the Fedora name as long as the
> spin-selection software is packaged for Fedora, the spins use the same
> name as on the spins website, with the exception of the desktop spin
> which should be called the "desktop spin" and we see a prototype for
> approval (ctyler, 19:11:54)

As far as I understand from reading the meeting logs, there are two
concerns:

      * It needs to be tested. The prototype is available for three
        weeks now at http://sspreitzer.fedorapeople.org/torrents/ -
        please test!
        We will make an F14 dual layer version once live images of TC2
        are available.

      * The (one and only) desktop (TM) must not be referred to as the
        "GNOME". We are not, please look at
        http://cwickert.fedorapeople.org/screenshots/f13-multi-desktop-dvd.png
        GNOME is called "Fedora 14 Live" just like the ISO and is the
        default selection. The only reference to the name GNOME is on
        the filesystem. We will change this if it makes you happy.

Can we now please get the formal approval for the media? We cannot
afford to loose another week because we want the media available for the
F14 release events.

Regards,
Christoph