Formal request for approval of the multi-desktop DVD (Re: Board meeting recap, 2010 10-18)

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 19 11:22:58 UTC 2010

Am Dienstag, den 19.10.2010, 00:09 -0700 schrieb Jesse Keating:

> On 10/19/2010 12:01 AM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > Am Montag, den 18.10.2010, 20:35 -0700 schrieb Jesse Keating:
> >
> >> There is not going to be a TC2.  We are moving on to RC.
> >
> > Is this process documented in the wiki somewhere?
>
> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-14/f-14-releng-tasks.html
> is probably the best place, which was linked to from
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Schedule

The list only memtions the Tc, but nether TC1 and TC2 not the fact that
TC2 does not include live media.

> >> It is FAR too
> >> late to be introducing technology that needs to be tested and planned
> >> for at this stage in the release cycle.
> >
> > The only thing that needs testing is the boot menu. The rest is taken
> > care of by the normal spins/desktop testing we already do and did.
>
> That's still something that needs testing, needs a testing plan, needs
> coordination.  Not something that can easily be slapped together in the
> less than one week since the concept became visible here.

What is there to test for a boot menu? What would a test plan look like.
Boot all menu entries and you are done.

> >> I still haven't seen any plan for how to handle our source obligation.
> >
> > I cannot give you a plan if nobody outlines the obligations to me.
>
> You need to speak to Fedora legal to figure out what your obligations are.

I have written them but no reply so far.

In my first email I wrote:

> > Given that [...]
> >       * we have download location for the image on Fedora
> > infrastructure
> >      * we put a readme on the spin whith the download location of
> >        the SRPMs

Is there anything unclear about it?

> It is
> not clear to me if a binary aggregate of all the spins can be satisfied
> by the sources we have online.  It is not clear to me what method of
> GPLv2 source obligations you will be using when distributing these
> binary offerings.

This sounds a little vague to me. Can you please outline your concerns a
little deeper? AFAICS they apply to the other spins too as they also
have a boot menu.

What is the difference between shipping 8 single media and one dual
layer DVD? The only difference is the boot menu.

Please correct me if I'm wrong,
Christoph