December 2010 Fedora Election Plan

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at
Wed Oct 20 17:31:33 UTC 2010

On 10/20/2010 01:15 PM, Matt Domsch wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at> wrote:
>> I'm not sure it would be appropriate for me to volunteer for moderating
>> town halls or dealing with questionnaires, as I intend to run as a
>> candidate for FESCo. That would seem self-serving.
> Personally, I don't have a problem with you volunteering.  It's not
> really self-serving - sure, you get some extra publicity, but your
> fellow nominees will have their ways of getting their name out too.  I
> shared your concern before when once I was coordinator while also
> running for a Board seat.  No one objected, the work got done
> (impartially IMHO), and yes, I did manage to get re-elected that
> round.

Well, moderating a town hall while I myself was a candidate definitely
seems like a conflict of interest, and helping to select questions to be
on the questionnaires would likely work against my interests as it would
suggest that I had an unfair input in the questions that would be posed
to me.

However, if someone could identify what exactly an election coordinator
should do, I might be interested to see if I can take on some of those

> I'm sensing a growing frustration from some of the people who have
> been heavily involved in Fedora for a long time, a sense of burnout.
> We've all felt it from time to time.  The lack of people stepping
> forward to take on leadership tasks, such as the Spins SIG leader, the
> election coordinator, and similar is concerning to me.  Am I alone in
> this?

It's pretty much this exact frustration that is spurring me to run for

- --
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761

Delivering value year after year.