Using Fedora Linux, using a usage restricted trademark?

Paul Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 12:53:48 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 8:42 AM, Sascha Thomas Spreitzer
<sspreitzer at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>>> - Who ( jursitic/natural person) is the agreement offering party?
>>
>> Red Hat, as stated in the first paragraph, and as the original
>> distributor of Fedora.
>
> Ah, i see. Whats missing is the signature line at the end of the document. (?)
>
> eg.:
>
> Mr. Pop eye, Snake Oil Corp. Inc., Dallas, TX, USA, 2010

I'm not sure if that's a requirement, but the legal list would be the
place to ask about it.

[...snip...]
>>> - Does it meet Fedoras license guidelines?
>>> --> Is it (free as in) freedom compatible?
>>>
>>> Can one dispute the board for releasing licenses/agreements against
>>> Fedora Projects core-beliefs/statutes/foundations?
>>
>> They aren't,
>
> Are not? What? (What is not what?)

The licenses/agreements are not against our core values.

[...snip...]
>> What is the goal you are trying to attain here?
>
> I am not accusing or fingerpointing here, If you feel so, please
> reread my writings carefully.

Neither was I -- I'm asking a serious question.

> I have serious and neutral questions about the situation arround
> freedom and how Fedora is run and ruled.
> If you feel them as unpleasant, I must excuse myself.
>
> Anyway, you are not forced to answer them at all.

Of course not, Sascha, I'm trying to offer some facts and context to
answer the questions you raised. If you have deeper questions you're
willing to share, or a goal you're trying to reach, it would be easier
to be helpful.

Paul