[Ambassadors] Formal request for approval of the multi-desktop DVD (Re: Board meeting recap, 2010 10-18)

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Thu Oct 21 14:43:53 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-21 at 15:12 +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> As I already said to Jesse: It seems the board is setting way higher
> standards for testing or QA and has way more concerns for artwork or
> infrastructure than for any other spin that was ever approved. To me and
> many other ambassadors this looks as if the board is trying to
> anticipate our volunteer work.

Hi Christoph,

Just to be clear: the board was very positive about this work -- it's a
great idea.

It seems a bit rushed to me, though, to be at this point just a few
weeks before the F14 release, especially since this disc is going to be
the first contact with Fedora for many users. I would be way more
comfortable if we did this in the F15 timeframe so we could do thorough
and widespread testing, look-and-feel integration, and so forth.

-Chris