Formal request for approval of the multi-desktop DVD (Re: Board meeting recap, 2010 10-18)

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 04:01:08 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 07:20, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 19.10.2010, 14:33 -0700 schrieb Jesse Keating:
>>
>> On 10/19/2010 01:42 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>> > Jesse Keating (jkeating at redhat.com) said:
>> > Well, do Ambassadors distribute Unity respins from time to time? Would this
>> > fall into that category?
>>
>> The tools they use are in Fedora proper.
>
> So are ours.

I am going to 'git pull' this conversation to fast forward over the
next 8 emails.

1. Am not
2. Are too
3. Am NOT
4. ARE TOO
5. AM NOT!
6. Can we get rid of range voting
7. That is not on topic for this thread, you want the election thread.
8. ARE TOO!!1!!1

Now that is done, can we get to the general issue.. what are we going to do.

A) It is given this is a project that release engineering, spins, and
qa needed to be apprised of in August/September and should have been
on the spins system back at final feature readiness. It does not
matter if its a 5 line patch, it is asking a bunch of people already
overloaded for yet another last minute hail-mary from some other
group.

B) This is something that various ambassadors have been working on and
thought it would be a great way to show off various other groups work.
It may turn out to be a great showcase for F14.

C) This is really not a separate spin IF none of the sub-spins are
changed from their final F14 products. It is more like a special remix
of spins.

I think that if C is true, then we can work out a way through this cruft.
I) Releng and QA are only going to be testing/validating the
sub-spins. They will not be working on this remix beyond anything they
want to volunteer.
II) The Board will be giving approval for the use of trademarks in
this 'special remix' on the boot menu and that this is a product that
Fedora Ambassadors canl hand out or 'burning' to USB keys as
'officially sanctioned Fedora material'.
III) The whole spins, spin of spins, live media, etc will be revisited
and reworked in to the F15/F16 time frames by FESCO and the Board.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.