[Ambassadors] Formal request for approval of the multi-desktop DVD (Re: Board meeting recap, 2010 10-18)

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 22 07:32:36 UTC 2010

Am Donnerstag, den 21.10.2010, 10:43 -0400 schrieb Chris Tyler:
> On Thu, 2010-10-21 at 15:12 +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > As I already said to Jesse: It seems the board is setting way higher
> > standards for testing or QA and has way more concerns for artwork or
> > infrastructure than for any other spin that was ever approved. To me and
> > many other ambassadors this looks as if the board is trying to
> > anticipate our volunteer work.
>
> Hi Christoph,
>
> Just to be clear: the board was very positive about this work -- it's a
> great idea.

Hi Chris,

the reactions I'm getting from various board members does not gives me a
different impression.

> It seems a bit rushed to me, though, to be at this point just a few
> weeks before the F14 release, especially since this disc is going to be
> the first contact with Fedora for many users. I would be way more
> comfortable if we did this in the F15 timeframe

Note that we do not necessarily depend on the release. In the past we
did not have the media available for GA ether, it's just that we would
like to have it for our events. There are not so many events in EMEA
directly after release though.

> so we could do thorough and widespread testing,

As mentioned before, there already was more testing than for any other
desktop spin before.

> look-and-feel integration, and so forth.

What look-and-feel integration? Whatever needs to be changed must be
changed in the individual spin but not in the DVD we want to make of
them.

Regards,
Christoph