Formal request for approval of the multi-desktop DVD (Re: Board meeting recap, 2010 10-18)

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 15:37:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am finding myself unable to reply in a rational voice at the moment
> so will be abstaining further from this conversation.

I am finding myself not knowing who to reply to so I'll reply to
someone who won't reply back.

Ambassdors can distribute "unofficial" media as long as it is clear to
those receiving it what exactly it is. It seems to me that it might be
best to make this on the side for F14, distribute it in places and see
how the user community likes it. I expect it will be very popular, but
getting real feedback carries a lot more weight than my hunch does.

Armed with positive feedback from real users, experience making and
distributing the new media, and discovery of any glitches that come up
that we can't foresee now will put us in a very good position to make
the case in a timely manner to get this included in F15 as official
media.

It is a great idea and we can move forward to make it happen without
letting ourselves get overly discouraged by reservations that exist at
F14 release time. Let's shoot for proving that we have great execution
of this idea during F14 and use that to move us toward making it
official media for F15.

John