[Ambassadors] Formal request for approval of the multi-desktop DVD (Re: Board meeting recap, 2010 10-18)

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 25 07:17:03 UTC 2010

Am 24.10.2010 13:36, schrieb Sascha Thomas Spreitzer:
> my opinion is:
> 1. There is no legal/contract/agreement/signed thing as of law
> requirements, that any contributor must obey board decisions
> ( As the fedora project is no incorporation of any form the, Fedora
> board is not put into force of any legal form or body. )
> ( FP members/contributors have not signed any contract/agreement which
> puts any force upon them. )

I want to clarify, that the motivation to create this product maybe come
from the wish to hand a multi-desktop DVD out, as a Ambassador on an Event.

But the issue itself is a engineering issue, i think this is the reason
FAmSCo was not involved in this. If the People which are charge in the
Steering Comitees or Board make a decission and things have a clear
reason, i do not think we always have to struggle and fight with them to
protect our own interests.  It is not about law enforcement - a
community is also build of respect. Everyone is free to run for the
Board and participate.

> 2. There is no legal requirement that EMEA ambassadors are in the need
> of any approval at all.
> = EMEA Ambassadors proceeding with their freedom of contribution ->
> spread media as they wish

I am a Ambassador from EMEA and i distance myself from this claim! This
is against the concept of the Fedora Project.

Of course there is no "legal" requirement. But i expect that if we trust
Contributors with ressources, that they use it in a way that is in
consensus with the bodies who are in charge.

cu Joerg

Sascha, i tried to learn and explain you how the Fedora Project works, i
will not go through this once again!
--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688