[Ambassadors] Formal request for approval of the multi-desktop DVD (Re: Board meeting recap, 2010 10-18)

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 25 09:07:28 UTC 2010

2010/10/25 Sascha Thomas Spreitzer <sspreitzer at fedoraproject.org>:

> Christoph pretty much explained and outlined in an understandable way
> why this doesn't need any Board involvement or decision at all.

Hi Sascha,

this must be a misunderstanding.  I said that I and the other
ambassadors *were* *not* *aware* that we need the approval to use the
trademark.  I think we *do* need the approval because it is a "New
combination[s] of unmodified Fedora software" [1].  I doubt that
anybody had a project like this DVD in mind when this paragraph was
written, but still the wording is clear.  We can't do anything about
it, it's on the board to decide and I hope they will do this today or
at least give us clear instructions how to proceed.

Even though I'm not the most diplomatic person and some of my replies
in this thread are controversial, I still want to do this *with* the
board and not against them.

Regards,
Christoph