December 2010 Fedora Election Plan

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Thu Oct 28 01:00:34 UTC 2010

Matt Domsch wrote:
> I'm sensing a growing frustration from some of the people who have
> been heavily involved in Fedora for a long time, a sense of burnout.
> We've all felt it from time to time.  The lack of people stepping
> forward to take on leadership tasks, such as the Spins SIG leader, the
> election coordinator, and similar is concerning to me.  Am I alone in
> this?

No you're not.

I can't explain why concisely but Fedora was and is no longer an awesome
engineering platform where I could Get Things Done.

Slowly but surely I've become less interested in making Free Software better
through the Fedora Project or enabling other people to make Free Software
better through the Fedora Project, and instead I've been focusing on Free
Software projects that actually appreciate my involvement and do not throw up
roadblocks - I can Get Things Done again and that's what I'm doing it all for;
it makes me happy.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen