Fedora Board Recap 2010-10-25

Matt Domsch matt at domsch.com
Thu Oct 28 02:48:54 UTC 2010

> Assuming there are no trademark issues with Hello Kitty, sure.  Why
> shouldn't it be?  Are we going to continue to have this odd circular
> conversation, or are you (or the Board) going to list the actual
> rationale for that requirement?

I put that in the draft, so I'll take the credit / blame.  My thought
is simple.  I hadn't yet seen the boot menu screens, but as the boot
menu is the very first impression a user gets when they boot to the
Live ISO, it should look polished, much like the rest of the distro
theme looks polished.  Personally, polished is either no background,
and a simple and clear menu, or a background that matches the distro
theme, but still has a clear menu.  I would not want to see a Hello
Kitty background in the boot screen that looked completely different
in theme from what you get once the OS is up and running. Nothing more
sinister than that.

Thanks,
Matt