Fedora Board Recap 2010-10-25

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 04:10:45 UTC 2010

2010/10/27 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:

> We sort of said this in the discussion on this list before the board
> meeting minutes we're discussing and were met with a lot of protest.

People were thinking that "oh, no, the Board is being the blocker
here, they won't let us go forward with this", when in actuality, the
thought process was more of "we don't think that anyone is going to
have the time to do this, but if they do, more power to them, and
let's prevent this from happening in the future". The second part is
the rationale for implementing and then waiving the schedule
requirements - the Board wanted to allow plenty of time for resource
allocation within rel-eng (or a decision that a resource would not be
allocated, we can't compel rel-eng to do anything). However, it seemed
slightly unfair to create an ex post facto policy about scheduling and
say "well, you didn't meet X schedule, so you're out!".

I hope that makes things slightly clearer.