Fedora Board Recap 2010-10-25

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 15:06:06 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 7:36 AM, Jared K. Smith
<jsmith at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 6:44 AM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I know all that.  That does not make anything more clear.  The way the
>> decision was made, communicated (I had to ask twice!) and basically
>> punted to another group to make IS NOT CLEAR.
>
> I agree with Josh that the communication was not clear.  The intention
> was not to simply throw roadblocks in Christoph's path, or to simply
> push the responsibility of the decision onto someone else.  I thought
> we had stated this quite clearly in the Board meetings the past couple
> of weeks, but we obviously didn't do a good job of communicating that
> externally.  When I realized on Monday afternoon that there was still
> a lot of confusion, I made an effort to reach out to Christoph to help
> explain the rationale behind the Board's decision.  Christoph and I
> had what I considered to be a healthy and productive phone
> conversation on Monday afternoon, and I think he better understands
> where the Fedora Board sits on this issue, and knows what he needs to
> do to move forward with his proposal.

To be perfectly honest, I don't know whether to applaud you for the
novel idea (in Fedora anyway) of using a telecommunication device to
have a high bandwidth conversation to discuss and resolve an issue, or
whether to berate you for doing that at the exclusion of the entire
rest of the Fedora project.  So I'll do both.  Good job, next time
remember that others also need that information.

Thank you for the recap.

josh