How to handle upstreams with bundled libs (Was Re: December 2010 Fedora Election Plan)

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Fri Oct 29 02:51:00 UTC 2010

> Spot is helping a great deal by stripping
> out those libraries that he can and helping Google's upstream become
> aware of the problem that those bundles represent.

FWIW, Google does not care. They have made practically zero effort to do
anything, and in most of the cases I highlighted, they don't see the
situation as a problem.

To be honest, I'm not sure if this adds to or takes away from the rest
of your points, but I wanted to be clear there.

I see it as a help, most people do, but Google does not.

~spot