2010-09-02 MEETING PROPOSAL: discussion on Annual User Survey

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 23:55:22 UTC 2010

I would certainly hope that permission isn't really needed, since
marketing has been wanting to do this for about a year, and packaging
on limesurvey has been ongoing as part of this process. Nobody has yet
said that I ought to go get permission from the board before we
actually -do- it and I've pretty heavily advertised my intent.  It's
pretty much been the "next thing on the plate" after getting fedora
insight out the door.

On 9/1/10, Jon Stanley <jonstanley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 7:34 PM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What is preventing you from just going off and doing it now? I hope
>> you find encouragement but I also hope the board doesn't get in the
>> business of issuing mandates.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read what Jon was looking for as more
> of permission than a mandate of "you SHALL do this" - obviously he
> already wants to. I think we should give encouragement to this,
> because I think the data is extraordinarily valuable. Also, he
> mentioned that there are outside companies that could be contracted to
> do this - implying a financial cost. While the board has no finances
> as such to direct, we can certainly say to CommArch or more directly
> Fedora Engineering (as anyone else can) that we think this is a
> valuable use of money.
>
> Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :)

Sent from my mobile device