2010-09-02 MEETING PROPOSAL: discussion on Annual User Survey

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 23:47:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 7:34 PM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What is preventing you from just going off and doing it now? I hope
> you find encouragement but I also hope the board doesn't get in the
> business of issuing mandates.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read what Jon was looking for as more
of permission than a mandate of "you SHALL do this" - obviously he
already wants to. I think we should give encouragement to this,
because I think the data is extraordinarily valuable. Also, he
mentioned that there are outside companies that could be contracted to
do this - implying a financial cost. While the board has no finances
as such to direct, we can certainly say to CommArch or more directly
Fedora Engineering (as anyone else can) that we think this is a
valuable use of money.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :)