How have the Steering Committees made things better ?

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Mon Sep 6 21:15:38 UTC 2010

On Sep 6, 2010, at 3:03 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> I think retrospectives might be usefull, like we are doing for each
> release now... note things that you thought could have been done better
> and then they could be discussed when a new slate of people take office?

One thing that is important is that this doesn't become like the US political system - always justifying yourself with populist nonsense rather than substance to get funding and convince the masses to like you :) Taking that analogy to Fedora, I want to see strong powerful governance of the Project - sometimes with decisions I and others very strongly disagree with in the utmost terms (but nonetheless, a strong position that is stuck to) - and I don't want to see folks having to justify themselves every ten minutes. Retrospectives are good, but should be infrequent and feed into the process, just like surveys and other data, and not fully determine it.

Jon.