Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-09-03

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 04:24:50 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 10:07 PM, Jon Masters <jonathan at jonmasters.org> wrote:

> So, I take that as a "yes" to doing the survey. Excellent. I don't know
> Robyn, but I'm happy to reach out via email. I also note the following:

I know that Robyn reads this list.  She has a good amount of
experience in doing this sort of thing, and should definitely be given
free reign over it for the results to mean anything.

> So does this relate in any way to surveying? Will that also be
> discussed? I would like to actually get in touch with the Marketing
> folks because I was asked to, but I don't want to get in the way if this
> is going to be done by Jared already.

No, this relates to another marketing problem of
start,fedoraproject.org having a Google search box front and center.

> SUGGESTION: Can someone tell me what specific action the board is taking
> on the survey stuff, if any, to avoid the treading on toes point?

I don't think any, but the discussion on this lasted about 60 seconds
- it was the end of the meeting and we all wanted to get to the long
weekend :)

>> == Next meeting ==
>> * Next meeting: Wed 08 September 2010, phone meeting 4 pm, regrets
>> CTyler
>
> Please let us know if this will be a public IRC meeting.

This one won't be, it's to catch up on various board business that has
been on our plates for far too long, and we don't want the backlog to
just keep piling up. However, on Friday we'll have our last public IRC
meeting in that timeslot at 2PM Eastern, After that, we'll be moving
the Board's meeting time to 2PM on Monday in order to accommodate
people's schedules.