Announcements regarding Remixes, etc. on the announce-list

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Tue Sep 7 16:00:56 UTC 2010

Paul W. Frields (stickster at gmail.com) said:
> The questions I'd personally ask before approving an announcement that
> is not purely Fedora related would include, "Does this announcement
> concern exclusively free and open source software?".

Also, historically there have been announcements for things like the
Omega respin (includes certain things that Fedora can't ship, even
though they're open-source), or add-on repos such as RPMFusion or ATrpms.
You could make the argument that those aren't necessarily 'free'
everywhere. (Personally, I think they're OK to announce.)

Bill