proposal to make free the logo of Fedora

René Mérou ochominutosdearco at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 23:06:05 UTC 2010

Thank you very much Tom and specialy Málrin for your time and answers.

I have just tolk this at the irc channel before i sended my email here.
I got this answer from that channel but this one is much more especific and
rich. This does explain the possible problems and similarities and dangers.  I
thank you very much.

I think this is part of the negative points of my proposal.

But please, ledme to ask it in other way. My proposal is to ask fedora
comunity to study this, not just led it to  stablished point of view.  Witch i
respect.

I ask for you all to allow this proposal to be studied

Positive point in one part and negative points in the other.  And people from
the proyect thinking,  using imagination, inspiration, brainstorming ideas,
...  and then debate.

I think you all guys can change one idea if one better idea apears and this is
a point of values, our most motivating centering values.

When you talk to one musician he have fears before to led something with a
free license.  Something bad can happend to his work, projects, future ...

Same with images, same with code, same with everything.  Authors have feelings
with his works, its natural and its good like this.  Same happends with our
team of law problems.  They all,  we all ,  have backgrounds and stablished
point of view.

I strongly believe that freedom is not a risk, its a value.  With negative
points, ok,   but with much more positive points.

What possitive points?

Ethics, creativity, efficiency, science, non-discrimination, competitiveness,
privacy, co-operation, transparency, security, solidarity and
most importantly freedom

And that are values,  imagine what good you can take from any of then.

Im telling that this is our base point to talk with every developer who fears
about the dangers of freedom for the fruit of his work.  And with any artist
before he or she joins the comunity.  Few excepcions to that. Some one talked
in some time or some ideas readed before something changes the point of view
about freedom of our works.

 Its not just a free software matter,  its a free contents mater,  a free
knoledge matter,  a freedom matter.  And we are here because we love any point
related to this nature.

So, please undestandme,  im not looking for "the answer" (that i thank you of
course).  I try to make you to start one open debate in the proyect not just
one part of it.

Listen to the feelings of all the involved members and contributors.  Their
feelings will see the dangers, but they are have much to feel and say about
this. I'm sure.

And the comunity inspiration can make a shine light, surprising and full of
hope light. We have strong values, feelings and creativity.

Pease do not stop this without leding people shine.

With my best wishes
--
René Mérou