proposal to make free the logo of Fedora

Greg DeKoenigsberg greg.dekoenigsberg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 13:54:44 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 7:06 PM, René Mérou <ochominutosdearco at gmail.com>wrote:

> I ask for you all to allow this proposal to be studied

I can assure you that we have studied and studied and studied this
proposal.  For years.  :)

I've long advocated for following the Debian model of having a "free" mark
and a "protected" mark.  My proposal was to make the current Fedora marks
the "protected" marks, but to come up with new marks that the community
could have completely for themselves, with no restrictions whatever.

Red Hat legal just doesn't see it that way.  I disagree with their
reasoning, but I will say that their reasoning is *extremely*
well-considered.

Just wanted to make it clear that this discussion has been ongoing for many
years.

--g