proposal to make free the logo of Fedora

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 21:22:58 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 11:59 AM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has this actually happened to another FOSS project?

Did you fail to read the links that Mairin provided concerning the
misappropriation of GNOME's foot logo by other corporate entities?

Do you really want to see a situation like a computer manufacturer
selling windows pre-loaded computers with a fedora community logo as
their corporate brand and have zero power to tell that company to stop
because the logo we are using isn't trademark protected?  I've
personally no desire to see our community get into a situation like
that after pouring blood sweat and tears into building brand awareness
around a particular logo.

-jef