Proposal for the future of Fedora

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 19:25:37 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:

> Again, I think you're talking more about my vision of what Branched
> should be.
>
> So I'm looking at this breakdown:
>
> Rawhide: Work-in-progress packages for the Next Big Thing
> Branched: Packages being stabilized for the next stable release
> Released: Stable packages following the mostly-bugfix-only update policy
> (possibly with the enforcement rules suggested above)

This sounds like Debian's unstable, testing, and stable releases.  I
think this is a good direction to move in.  Are we able to absorb some
of the good ideas contained in the Debian Policy Manual for Fedora?
There's already a project out there using this model, what can we
learn from them without reinventing the wheel?

--
Chris