A proposal for your thoughts, as we plan future FUDCons...

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Apr 11 20:04:47 UTC 2011

On 4/11/11 11:29 AM, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> To be frank (no Beefy Miracle pun intended), I already dislike the
> fact that some people feel like they have to be at FUDCon North
> America (even if they're not from North America), as that's the FUDCon
> where "everything happens".  If anything, I'd go the other direction
> -- I would make the regional FUDCon events stronger.

Perhaps one way to do that would be to use funding to get people from NA
over to the non-NA events.  If that will make it be so that the
"everything happens" in somewhere other than NA.

I think no matter how you slice it, a bunch of people from one
hemisphere need to fly to another hemisphere in order for it to seem
like a "everything happens" kind of event.

What if this proposal was flipped on its head.  Don't hold a NA fudcon
and instead use the money to export a bunch of people to EU and have a
global event there?

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!