Proposal for new trademark approval policy
Stephen John Smoogen
smooge at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 17:11:47 UTC 2011
0) The Board will appoint SIG's that they think are appropriate for
various trademark approvals.
1) Each appointed SIG should create a checklist or SOP for Item approval
2) When an appointed SIG gives its approval for a Item, it should do
so in a public and transparent manner. The SIG can decide the exact
manner of approval but who and where the approval is granted should be
specified in the SOP.
3) Once approvals from appointed SIGS are done, the Item will be
submitted to the Board (via a ticket) for trademark approval.
4) The Board can appoint a specific SIG to keep track of "trademarked"
Items and that SIG will set schedules and/or reasons for re-approval
5) The Board will be the final arbitrator in disputes between various
SIGs or perceived problems of process.
This will be voted on next board meeting after one week of input.
Stephen J Smoogen.
"The core skill of innovators is error recovery, not failure avoidance."
Randy Nelson, President of Pixar University.
"Let us be kind, one to another, for most of us are fighting a hard
battle." -- Ian MacLaren
More information about the advisory-board