Proposal for new trademark approval policy

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 17:48:42 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 06:17, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> While I do think this proposal is a step into the right direction, I
> still have some questions and concerns.
>
> Dienstag, den 12.04.2011, 11:11 -0600 schrieb Stephen John Smoogen:
>> 0) The Board will appoint SIG's that they think are appropriate for
>> various trademark approvals.
>
> Only once or per-spin?

I was thinking per "class" of items. So spins might be X,Y,Z and
system images (ec2 images, etc) might be X,Y,A

>> 1) Each appointed SIG should create a checklist or SOP for Item approval

I proposed this as a generic outline for trademark approvals. Item is
meant to cover "digital system images" of their multiple types not
chicken sandwiches.

> And isn't using the ticket system a bit overkill? Say we have 20 items
> to check by 10 different SIGs, this means we have 20 tickets, right?
> With the current privacy level of the board's trac, we cannot have a
> ticket where all SIGs comment on.

The goal here is to make things clearly visible every step of the way.
If there are better ways to do so I would appreciate knowing how.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren